25 June 2009

Being the Oracle (and why it sucks)

I have an interesting skill. I have the ability to observe a social situation and foretell the outcome. It's an interesting double-edged sword. I've learned through many years of social observation and engineering what people are likely to do and how others are likely to respond to it. I probably should never have read books such as the 48 Laws of Power, The Prince and other works of that caliber.

The reason it is a double edged sword is the fact that it allows me to avoid negative situations and give advice to people when they end up in certain situations. It's bad however in the fact that people don't listen and that sometimes it's good to be in negative situations. You gain experience and general life knowledge that you would not have otherwise. Which is also why it is always advantageous to meet new people. Everyone has that something special that enriches your life in some way shape or form. I dated a woman here in Germany for a while and at first, after it was over, I thought that it was a complete waste of my time. However, with much thought I came to the realization that through her I learned many valuable things. I learned German, I learned what i was not looking for in a woman, I learned that I can't give my heart to someone when someone else has it, I also learned the ins and outs of the city of Mainz and how to get around without a car.

I digress, one of the worst feeling is to foresee a negative situation and not really be able to do much about it. Generally people, especially those with large amounts of self-confidence, believe that they know exactly what they're doing and what they're about to get into. Those types of people are not very apt at taking advice. In lieu of that I have decided become a life coach and in doing so will not give out free advice to those that don't want or will not receive. Nothing against any of you but lessons are better learned first hand...

No comments:

Post a Comment